Can You Get A Tattoo While Taking Aspirin Or Blood Thinning Medication?
No. Please note if you are taking any blood thinners they may cause an increased risk of bruising. If possible, avoid these medications. Please discuss with your physician before discontinuing your medications. Medications to be aware of and possibly avoided are: Aspirin, Advil, Aleve, Naproxen. When taking blood thinners (and even alcohol to a lesser extent) before getting a tattoo, the blood thinning effects are going to make it much easier for the blood to seep through the tiny holes created by the needles, and the blood is going to be coming out in higher volumes than normal.
Taking aspirin before getting a tattoo can also present problems. Aspirin naturally decreases your blood’s ability to clot efficiently. This means that during/after getting a tattoo, the area will likely continue to bleed for much longer than it would do under normal circumstances.
What is the legal age to get a tattoo?
In NEW YORK CITY, 18 + years of age is the legal age to get a tattoo. It is against New York state of law (section 260.21) to tattoo a minor even with parental consent.
How much is the Cost for a Tattoo? Is there a Deposit?
Snow Tattoo does not charge per hour, rates depend on the design, detail, size, and placement. A fixed, non-refundable and non-negotiable standard deposit of $200 is required as this is a placement for a permanent slot for the allotted schedule for your tattoo appointment to secure your slot. This will be deducted form the final cost of the tattoo to be completed in full after the tattoo session.
The final cost of the tattoo is based on the size, detail, design and location on the body where it will be placed.
What forms of payment is accepted?
Cash is preferred, however we do accept Venmo and PayPal (with its respective service charge)
Can I get a tattoo if I am pregnant?
We do not recommend that a pregnant person would get a tattoo as you should consult your Doctor before doing so.
Do's and Don'ts Before Getting A Tattoo:
- Don't come in to get tattooed when you are sick!
- Don’t get a tattoo if you have a sunburn on the desired area to be tattooed. This may interfere with the quality of work that the artist can do.
- Don’t take drugs or alcohol before your appointment. If you are under the influence (drugs or alcohol), Snow Tattoo reserves the right to cancel your appointment resulting in the loss of your deposit. If you are on any regular medications, you might consider asking your doctor ahead of time.
- Don’t get a tattoo if you have a known skin allergy, make sure to consult a doctor first whether getting a tattoo would be a good idea.
- TRUST YOUR ARTIST. You're here for a reason. Trust the process! Like what you see? Then, you will love your very own personalized, custom tattoo!
- Do make sure you have enough payment to cover the cost of the tattoo, plus a tip for your artist (although not required, it is appreciated!)
- Do bring water, juice, or other small snacks you might want either while or after you get tattooed.
Do prepare to have a fun session!